Aikido Fall Seminar In Quebec-city at Cégep de Ste-Foy With Osawa Shihan, 8th dan, Fri Oct.18 to sun Oct. 20 2019
Invitation for the CAF Fall seminar
Welcome to the 2019 Canadian Aikido Federation Fall Seminar, hosted by Aïkido Ste-Foy. This is the first time that a CAF Fall Seminar is to be held in Quebec, and we’re looking forward to meeting and training with aikidokas from across the continent.
The seminar will be held from Friday, October 18th to Sunday, October 20th 2019. Schedule specifics are as follows:
Onsite registration will begin Friday at 5:30pm, Saturday from 9am, and Sunday from 9am. Note that onsite payment with a credit card will be possible. Currency mentioned below is in Canadian dollars.
|Attendance||At the door||Pre-registration
before Oct. 10
18 years and younger, half price at the door.
Payment by cash, cheque payable to Aikido Ste-Foy
or credit card (through PayPal)
Refunds for cancellations will be made via the same method as the payment, PayPal, Visa or cheque. For cancellations on or before October 10th, 2019, 10% will be retained to cover commissions and costs. After this date, 25% will be retained
We suggest The Universal Hotel located about 1 km from the dojo
|Address:||2300 Ch Ste-Foy, Québec, QC G1V 1S5.|
Preferential rates for CAF Fall Seminar participants are as follow:
- Single & double occupancy (Regular 2 beds & Prestige 2 beds)
- Single & double occupancy (Kitchenette 2 beds, Prestige plus 2 beds, Delux with 2 beds)
The rates are for single or double occupancies a breakfast non-included. There is a good restaurant Boston Pizza. Swimming pool is included. A surcharge of $20/person/night will be required for occupancy over 2 persons.
Individuals interested in booking a room at The Universal Hotel must contact the front desk +1 800-463-4495 and state that they are part of the “Aikido” event to benefit from preferential rates. Every reservation must be made with by credit card. Booking must be completed before September 1st 2019 in order to benefit from preferential rates.
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: noon.
Cancellations are accepted up to 48h prior to check-in on the day of arrival.
Saturday, October 19th – lunch time
Numerous restaurants are walking distance from the dojo. A list of restaurants will be available at the front desk.
CAF Testing for yudansha grades
Testing for yudansha grades, shodan through yondan, will be held on Saturday, October 19th 2019, starting at 3:45pm. All test candidates must be registered participants in the CAF, with their dues paid up. Read carefully the following procedure:
Yudansha Test Application
Instructors must supply the following information on each and every test candidate in the body of a plain-text e-mail:
- Candidate’s name
- Testing rank
- Date of last test (for shodan candidates)
- Date of issuance of last yudansha grade (for nidan, sandan, and yondan candidates)
- Days of practice since last test
- Dojo name
- Sensei name
- Optional information
- The candidate’s name should be as it appears on the dojo list from the CAF.
- Days since last test refers to the number of days that you have practised; adjust that to include the expected additional days of practice you will have by the test date.
- Complementary information may be supplied, such as regarding physical limitations.
- The candidate’s sensei should submit the completed Dan Test form. Otherwise, the candidate may submit it with his/her sensei’s permission.
Deadline for Application
The Dan test application must be received by the Chair person of the Examination Committee, George Hewson by September 18th, 2019.
- Send the Dan Test application e-mail to George Hewson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy the CAF Secretary, Douglas Mathieu, email@example.com
- Copy the Seminar Coordinator, David Mooney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other necessary forms
All candidates must fill in the following two forms and then print and sign them and submit them to the Seminar Coordinator with the test fee at the start of summer the seminar.
- CAF Application for Promotion
- Hombu Application for Test
Two additional forms are required for shodan candidates:
- Hombu Application to Join Aikikai
- Hombu Application for Yudansha Book
The Forms are fillable PDFs. Acrobat Reader seems to work best for these fillable PDF files.
- The Coordinator will only accept forms from candidates cleared by the Examination Committee.
- All forms must be typewritten with no handwriting except for signatures.
- Where an instructor’s signature is required, your current instructor must sign, except for dojo chief instructors, who must get a signature from a member of the Examination Committee.
Candidates must pay a non-refundable examination fee of 30$ in cash preferably. Payment of examination fee must be submitted in advance of testing with the necessary forms.
After announcement of a successful test, the promotion fee is to be be paid to Doug Mathieu, the CAF secretary, or George Hewson, chair of the exam committee, before you leave the seminar. The promotion fee varies with dan level, see the CAF website for details.
N.B. This payment procedure is not mandatory but it facilitates a direct treatment of the promotion exams.
Fees are payable by cheque made out to Canadian Aikido Federation. (No credit card will be accepted). Please anticipate that your payment might be required at the seminar following the announcement of a successful test.
Candidates expecting to test can withdraw at any time before the day of the test. However, they should inform as soon as possible:
- the Examination Committee Chair (George Hewson)
- the CAF Secretary (Doug Mathieu) and
- the seminar coordinator (David Mooney)
For any questions please write to email@example.com